Psychotherapy or which is often referred to as talk therapy is a way to help individuals with a variety of emotional difficulties or mental illness. Unfortunately, there’s been a stigma surrounding mental illness which has prevented individuals from seeking the help that they need. The emotional or mental condition varies from mild to severe cases. It can range from someone experiencing depression due to a breakup to someone with schizophrenia who’s in psychosis. The misconception is that psychotherapy is only for those with severe cases which isn’t the truth at all. In actuality, many people suffer from emotional difficulty due to a life-changing event such as; loss of a job, death of a loved one, divorce, or break up. Life challenges often get us off track and create stress, anxiety, and depression. This is where we come in. We specialize in helping individuals who recently experienced a life-changing event and who may be experiencing mental or emotional distress because of it.
We use evidence-based practices such as; cognitive-behavioral, solution-focused therapy, strengths perspective, and mindfulness-based therapy in providing you with the necessary tools to get through life’s challenges. We also take a holistic approach in bringing into balance mind, body, and spirit.
Here are some of the most common life transitions we help clients navigate are:
- Death of a loved-one
- Divorce, separation, breakup
- Infidelity recovery
- Miscarriage, stillbirth
- Empty nesting syndrome
- Questioning your faith/spirituality
- Job loss or major change in career
- Financial gain/loss
- Serious illness or disability
- Issues pertaining to aging
- Questioning the meaning of life, feeling stuck
- Relocation, repatriation
- Single parenting
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You are sad and depressed
- You feel like you’re going to have a mental break-down
- You can’t stop crying
- You are feeling stress and anxiety
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You are feeling alone
- You are afraid of being judged
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
Please reach out to us today to schedule your first appointment.